Welcome to our scout group
1st Aylburton & Lydney Scout Group is based in the town of Lydney, on the corner of the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire.
We are a constantly growing, family friendly, group with over 100 girls and boys in 5 growing co-ed sections:
- Two Beaver Colonies for 36 young people aged 6-8
- Two Cub Packs for 48 young people aged 8-10½
- A Scout Troop for 30-40 young people aged 10½-14
Our sections meet in various places in Aylburton and Lydney. Through the Winter and Spring terms the Scout Troop and a Cub Pack meets in Lydney at Severnbanks School, a Beaver Colony and the other Cub Pack meet at Primrose Hill Academy, the other Beaver Colony meets in Aylburton Village Hall.
Summer is our favourite term, when all sections meet in Lydney Deer park, behind Taurus Crafts, between Aylburton and Lydney.
The section meetings are run by an all volunteer Adult Leadership team, supported by regular parent assistants, with a parent rota. An Executive Committee oversees the effective running of the Group.
Would you like to know more about what we do?
Want to know more about scouting in general?
For more information about scouting, you can visit:
- Scouts.org.uk - The home of the Scout Association
- Gloucestershire Scouts - Our Scout County
- Forest of Dean Scout District - Our Scout District
- Scout Shop - For uniform and other scouting kit
Want to join?
Please get your name on our waiting list early. We are a very popular group and if you wait you might miss out. To join our waiting list, fill in the form on our contacts page, but please don’t just turn up on the night!
Need uniform or scout clothing?
Use the new Forest of Dean Shop